Sharp Max 24 Continous Roll Bagging System
The Sharp Max 24 Continuous Roll Bagging System is the industry leading machine, accommodating boot boxes, and other larger items at a 24″ maximum width.
For convenience, Sharp’s E-Z Bags feed though the machine, are opened, filled with product, then sealed. With the new improved exit conveyor, packages exit “label side up” to facilitate easy sorting and scanning, perfect for most markets – automotive, beauty, candy, electronics, food, fulfillment, hardware, medical, parts, retail, etc.
The bagger has faster throughput, with an easily adjustable seal flattener, a job recall that saves all parameters, a featured drop shelf for fast and easy bag change overs, reduced cycle times with a lighter weight aluminum jab and a quick realignment with heavy-duty drive fingers.
Save costs with the Max 24. The machine reduces scrap and material costs with its movable printing head and with simple adjustments, thermal ribbon usage can be reduced as much as 90%. With the longer lasting heat sealing mechanism and the of-the-shelf parts, the bagger can save costs in the long term.
The Max 24 uses Sharp’s E-Z Bags with options for General Purpose, Xtreme Poly, Ultra, HD Mailer, Packaging High Density (SPHD), Polypropylene, Military Specification Film, Gamma Patient, Metalized Barrier Film, Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Modified Atmospheric Packaging (MAP), Sharp’s Non-Scratch Film, E-Z Stat™ (Anti-Static) and Vapor Corrosive Inhibitor (VCI).
Sharp® MAX 24™ Features:
- Handles large packages with 24″ x 12″ opening for shoe and boot boxes
- Faster, with huge gains in throughput
- Features a drop shelf for fast and easy bag changeovers
- Improved exit conveyor—Packages exit with the label side up to facilitate sortation and scanning
- Optional Datamax® thermal transfer printer for printing bar codes, graphics and alphanumeric fonts directly onto the package
- Set moveable printing head to precise positions, based on package size, to print bags in order, eliminating queuing and reducing scrap and material cost
- Reduce thermal ribbon usage as much as 90% with reduced spacing between impressions, printing with alternative registrations, and adjusting impression placements to increase ribbon usage
Cutting Edge Technology
- Includes HMI, a networkable touchscreen PC running Windows 7 embedded plus an Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1400 PLC from Rockwell Automation
- Touchscreen is a 12.1″ TFT (thin film transistor) technology, including a PC with Windows 7
- Run Windows labeling software, create labels on the PC, save, then add it to a particular job, so the label format is saved as part of the job
- Includes a high speed counter, pulse train output and network capabilities
More Efficient Operation
- Jaw is aluminum, so less mass, lower inertia, faster movement, and cycle times decrease
- Heavy duty drive fingers don’t bend even with tugging at bags, so no need to realign
- Proximity sensor is inside the jaw, protecting the magnet field, improving operation in dirty environments
- Constantly heated sealing mechanism offers a longer life than impulse mechanisms
- Controls for the printer are viewed directly on the bagger HMI, so it’s not necessary to manage multiple monitors or displays for the bagger and printing system
- Control, recall stored labels or even create labels directly on the single HMI
- Includes detailed ribbon consumption tools with a gauge that displays how much ribbon remains
Versatility in Loading
- Entire machine moves up or down, adjusting to a wide range of heights
- 90˚ rotation capabilities for horizontal loading for heavy or stuffable products
Access Data Anywhere
- HMI, printer and PLC can be networked, so they can be accessed at any time from almost anywhere
- Use remote label printing, production reporting and SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) control
- Off-the-shelf, nonproprietary parts
- Color touch screen display provides troubleshooting guidance with exploded view drawings, manufacturer and part numbers, html help files with hyperlinks to explain any term
- Service manual is completely integrated into the diagnostics
Sharp Max 24 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 54.5″ wide x 90.5″ deep
- Weight: 1,100 lb / 499 kg
- Air: 80 PSI / 5 scfm / 5.5 bar
- Rate: 50 bags/min
- Bag Width Range: 14″ – 24″ / 35.5 cm – 61 cm
- Bag Length Range: 15″ – 30″ / 38.1 cm – 76.2 cm
- Film Gauge Range: 1 mil – 4 mil / 25 microns – 100 microns
- Bag Type: Fan folded in box
- Printing Cycle Rates: 50 bags/min *
Printer Module Specifications:
- Printing Capabilities: Full downloadable font support to Windows® TrueType® (including multiple languages and Unicode support); Fixed, variable and merged text fields; Flexible date/time formats; Flexible shift code formats; Auto best before date calculations and concession management; Auto incrementing/decrementing text, counters and bar codes; Multiple graphic formats supported (up to maximum print area); Link fields to databases; Scalable text and text blocks
- Print Method: Thermal Transfer, directly onto surface of bag
- Print Speed: 12″/second
- Print Area: 4.2″ (107mm) wide x 7.9” (200mm) long
- Bar codes: EAN 8, EAN 13, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 39, EAN 128, Code 128, ITF, RSS (including 2D composite codes); others available upon request
- Operator Interface: Built into bagger HMI, WYSIWYG print preview, full on-board diagnostics
- Nominal Ribbon Waste Between Successive Prints: 0.002″ (0.5mm)
- Ribbon Saving Features: Radial ribbon save, interleaved ribbon save, intermittent ribbon save
- Power Supply: 120V, 20A
- Air Supply: 6 Bar, 90psi, .5 SCFM/cycle
Shorr Packaging stands behind all the packaging equipment we represent, with a service network that extends throughout the contiguous U.S.
Our packaging automation specialists offer complete support for equipment selection, integration, installation, training, maintenance, 24/7 emergency service and parts procurement.
All of Shorr’s service technicians are factory certified and dedicated to ensuring that your packaging equipment is always operating at peak performance.