Squid Ink SQ/2 Large Character Inkjet Printer
Offering the lowest price per printed character in the industry, the SQ/2 large character inkjet printing system prints high-quality dot-matrix characters on a variety of products and substrates.
Depending on your printing application, choose the water-based model for printing on porous surfaces like corrugated cartons, or the solvent-based model for printing on non-porous surfaces like glass, metal and stretch wrap film.
An added feature of the SQ/2 is the ability to run two print heads, giving you the option of printing on one or two sides of the product.
Squid Ink SQ/2 Features:
- Low Cost, Large Character Printing
- Prints on Multiple Surfaces
- Simple, Virtually Maintenance-Free Operation
- Run One or Two Print Heads from the Same Controller
- Program and Save Print Messages with Easy-to-Use Software
- Water-Based or Solvent-Based Models
- SQ/2 Exchange Program Eliminates the Need for Service Calls and Minimizes Downtime;
Printheads and Components can be Replaced in Less than 5 Minutes
- Spare Parts Kit (Printhead, Card Cage and PC Board Pack, Air Pump Module,
Data Cable and Master Cap)
- Starter Kit (Ink, System Flushing Cleaner, Cleaner Spray Bottle, Hand Cleaner,
Lint-Free Printhead Wipes)
- 5-Gallon Pail Upgrade (for Water-Based Ink only)
- PC Integration Communications Software
- Repeat Print Firmware
- Extended Character Width Firmware (for Print Speeds Slower than 20 FPM)
- Rollaway Stand with Caster Wheels (also provides Mount for SQ/2 Controller)
- On-site Installation and Training
Squid Ink SQ/2 Specifications:
- Printer Type: Large Character Inkjet Printer (3/4″, 1/2″ or 3/8″)
- Character Height:
.75″ in 7 x 5 Matrix
.5″ in 5 x 5 Matrix, or .5″ in 7 x 5 Matrix
.375″ in 5 x 5 Matrix, or .375″ in 7 x 5 Matrix
.25″ in 5 x 5 Matrix
- Character Set: 61 character ASCII Set
- Print Speed: 20 to 200 FPM Line Speed
- Message Length: 60 Characters per Message; 64 Memory Locations
- Communication: RS-232C, 9600 Baud, 8 Data Bits, 1 Start, 1 Stop, Asynch
- Software Features: 24-hour clock, Julian calendar, Counter, Lot Counter
- Operating Features: Dot Size, Print Delay, Character Width, Photocell On/Off,
Invert Print, Reverse Print, Purge Routine
- Controller Dimensions: 12″H x 12″W x 5.25″D
- Controller Weight: 10.5 lbs.
- Printhead Dimensions: 3″H x 1.6″W x 7″L
- Product Sensor: Diffuse Beam Photocell (24v) or Hardware Sinking Signal
- Electrical Requirements: 110/120 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1.6 amp
- Cabinet Construction: Industrial Gauge Coated Steel
- Operating Environment: 38°F to 122°F
- Substrate Capabilities: Porous or Non-Porous Surfaces
- Ink Volume: .5 Gallon Bottle Standard; Upgradable to 5.0 Gallon Pail for
Shorr Packaging stands behind all the packaging equipment we represent, with a service network that extends throughout the contiguous U.S.
Our packaging automation specialists offer complete support for equipment selection, integration, installation, training, maintenance, 24/7 emergency service and parts procurement.
All of Shorr’s service technicians are factory certified and dedicated to ensuring that your packaging equipment is always operating at peak performance.