As we all manage through these unprecedented times, Shorr Packaging Corp remains open for business and committed to the health and safety of our customers, employee-owners and businesses. Our management teams continue to monitor and adapt operations to ensure there are not any disruptions in our service levels or supply chains. We will post regular updates on company our blog page to keep you informed.
We are grateful to everyone battling against this pandemic and coming together to keep our businesses running.
We are with you the whole way.
Dear Shorr Customers and Other Interested Parties,
We are writing to assure you that Shorr Packaging Service Technicians will continue to serve the needs of our packaging customers. The safety of our employee-owners and customers is paramount during this uncertain time. As such, we have established a response plan for the Coronavirus outbreak. According to the Federal guidelines our company is described as an essential infrastructure provider, therefore our workers are considered “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” (see below).
We will make every effort to continue to operate throughout any possible local quarantines, exclusion zones, and/or state emergency declarations. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis to determine if and when certain additional measures must be taken.
Please understand the nature of our role is to touch systems and surfaces in the manufacturing or distribution facility. It is our genuine hope that the following measures will positively impact your facility and needs.
- Technicians will call you first to see if we would be able to resolve your concern over the phone or facetime troubleshooting at the machine.
- Prior to our service technician coming into your facility, we will ask: have you have had any COVID19 incidents? If the answer is yes we will need approval from our executive management before we will enter your facility.
- We will allow Medical, Food and Logistics companies to receive priority service.
- Technicians will not use airlines to travel during this time.
- Technicians may wear masks, gloves and other protective coverings as needed.
- Technicians will disinfect the machine prior to our inspection.
- Technicians will be required to wipe down at minimum Control Panels and HMI.
- We will use a disposable rag and proper disinfectant.
- Technicians may use hand soap and/or hand sanitizer during the service call.
- Technicians will not shake hands.
- Technicians will keep a personal safe zone when working with or talking with people.
Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
- Employees of firms providing services that enable logistics operations, including cooling, storing, packaging, and distributing products for wholesale or retail sale or use.
- Manufacturers and distributors (to include service centers and related operations) of packaging materials, pallets, crates, containers, and other supplies needed to support manufacturing, packaging staging and distribution operations
As a company whose mission is to serve our customers, we take the safety of our staff, Customers and the public we come in contact with while doing our job very seriously. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our response to this health emergency, please do not hesitate to call or email us.
Director Packaging Automation Group
[email protected] 888.885.0055 option 2
Packaging Automation Group’s Mission: Our customers, whether large or small, are increasingly recognizing the value of automation in their packaging lines. We work in concert with our customers and manufacturing partners to develop the most cost-effective solution for their automation needs. Our team of Packaging Sales and Service Professionals are ready to assist you analyzing, designing, integrating with existing or new systems, selecting, installing, training, ongoing service and parts support of your solution.
Dear Shorr Customers, Vendors and Other Interested Parties,
In light of the current outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), we would like to provide some insight as to the impact we are seeing, as well as an overview of the precautions that we are taking to ensure our ability to provide the highest levels of service as we prepare to limit our employee’s potential exposure to this outbreak.
As of today, our business has remained constant and consistent with trends seen in the prior few months as well as in the past year. Volumes have remained consistent and our capacity to serve our customers remains strong. Our management team has and will continue to meet daily to assure that our Business Continuity Plan, including providing redundancies across our footprint, is able to continue to provide the highest level of service with no disruptions in our operations.
As part of the plan, we have implemented the following precautions to protect our employee-owners from potential exposure to the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- We are actively monitoring the Center for Disease Control and local public health departments for recommendations and best practices.
- We have informed all employees who are sick to stay at home and to not come into our facilities.
- We have implemented travel restrictions to business essential travel through April 30, 2020.
- We have asked our employees to avoid all large group meetings and to leverage technology by scheduling virtual meetings when it makes sense.
- We have discontinued allowing visitors access to our facilities.
We will continue to monitor the development of this situation and will continue to implement best practices to control and limit the potential outbreak for our employee-owners and visitors to our facilities. On behalf of our employee-owners, thank you very much for your continued commitment to Shorr Packaging Corporation.
Chief Executive Officer